Monday, October 24, 2011

Royston Drenthe Tebar Promise

Royston Drenthe promised his fans for not disappointing with Everton this season.

The promise was uttered Drenthe after helping Everton beat hosts Fulham 3-1 last weekend. Only three minutes of the game is running, open the scoring medias Drenthe finally able to emulate Bryan Ruiz. Goals from Louis Saha and Jack Rodwell for Everton finally sealed victory.

After scoring, Drenthe ran toward John Heitinga on the team bench. Celebration that seemed to have meaning.

"From the beginning he was like a father to join me and advise me and the people who could I ask for help," said loan from Real Madrid player was quoted by Sporting Life.

"So I said to him, if you score goals, I will run to you."

Drenthe also recounts the process of adaptation at Goodison Park.

"I forge manager in training. He made me keep running and now I feel really fit. That's what I want, look sharp," he continued.

"I do not want do not fit and could not handle the pressure. I now feel in great condition. I think we have a good squad and not easy for managers to make decisions."

"He [David Moyes] my boss and he decides. I gained first team debut and I'm feeling good."

Finally, Drenthe catapult his promise with confidence.

"Fans can expect a lot to me. I can do it if it appears as a core player rather than a substitute," he said.

"Of course it is important appearing as a substitute, but it's always difficult to fit in with the tempo of the game. I did well, but more importantly for me was always able to perform well for the team."

"Three points are very important for Everton and even better because we did not perform at Goodison Park."

No comments:

Post a Comment